The Honeymoon Wishes Blog
A honeymoon registry, honeymoon travel and honeymoon adventures blog from your friends at Honeymoon Wishes!
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- July 2015
- March 2015
- July 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- July 2011
How to Plan The Best (Honeymoon Wishes) Honeymoon for you!
Tips on planning your perfect honeymoon!
Posted: November 16, 2011
So much time, energy and money go in to planning your wedding day. It is, after all, the day you’ve dreamed of your whole life! It has to be perfect! It is the day you walk down the aisle, say I do and kiss, sealing the communion of your new life together. And then what? You go off on your dream honeymoon, right? But is it your dream honeymoon? How much do you really know about your honeymoon? What are your expectations? Did you spend as much time gathering critical information for your honeymoon as you did for planning your wedding?
You will be spending more time together on your honeymoon than you did on your wedding day.
Your honeymoon is an important time for laying the foundation of your new life together
Making sure your honeymoon is your dream honeymoon is not just about reading a travel or guidebook for your destination. Planning your honeymoon takes time, thought, communication and work – from both the bride and groom. We all dream of that exotic locale or tropical paradise, but if your expectations aren’t met, that tropical paradise can become a tropical nightmare and a ruined honeymoon. (Thus, not the ideal start to your married life!)
Be sure to talk about your honeymoon ideals BEFORE you book your honeymoon! Honeymoonwishes.com recommends you review the following questionnaire. The bride and the groom should complete this separately and then discuss it – together. Be sure to share this with your travel agent! (and of course, be sure to register your honeymoon with http://www.honeymoonwishes.com !)
1. What is your ideal honeymoon setting? (ex. tropical, big US City,Europe(what countries?), mountains)
2. How much time can spend on your honeymoon (including travel time)?
3. What is your ideal honeymoon “activity level”? (lie on the beach and do nothing / Some beach / some activities, all golf, lots of museums, all adventure!
4. Is nightlife important?
5. Is shopping important?
6. Do you want to visit someplace that’s new to both of you?
7. If traveling outside the United States, do you prefer an English speaking country? ( English speaking is a must, or foreign language is ok)
8. How much do you have allocated to spend on your honeymoon? ($1,500, $2,500, $10,000 – choose an amount that seems right to you and BE REALISTIC!)
9. Do you want to use a honeymoon registry service which allows friends and family to “buy pieces of your honeymoon” as wedding gifts?
10. Do you want a couples’ only resort?
11. When do you want to leave for your honeymoon? (immediately, a few days later, a delayed honeymoon)
12. Do you have “separate activities” that you want to do on your honeymoon (groom golfs – bride doesn’t, bride wants massage – groom doesn’t, or we will spend all our time together!)
13. Do you want an all-inclusive resort that includes meals, alcohol and lots of activities?
14. Would you like to stay at one place or move from place to place? (If you want to see more than one place (i.e. Maui andKauai) How many places? How many days at each place?)
15. Do you want a large, a medium sized property or something smaller / more intimate?
16. Do you want luxurious with lots of amenities like spas and room service or maybe quaint and charming but not so luxurious? (remember to keep your budget in mind)
17. How much time will you spend in your room?
18. Do you want a patio or balcony? Do you want a view? If so, how important is this (remember to keep your budget in mind)
19. Is weather a factor for you? (i.e. I don’t want to worry about hurricanes, I don’t want it to be too hot, I don’t care if it’s rainy season)
20. And because this is SO important, think about it again. How much do you have allocated to spend on your honeymoon? ($1,500, $2,500, $10,000 – choose an amount that seems right to you and BE REALISTIC!)
And remember, use Honeymoon Wishes (www.honeymoonwishes.com) for your honeymoon registry! When only the best will do….